From colorectal, breast and lung to skin, pancreatic and blood, cancer emerges in many ways and can affect anyone at any time. Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally and was responsible for 9.6 million deaths in 2018, according to The World Health Organization (WHO). Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, is honored to uphold the mission of World Cancer Day, which is marked on the fourth of February to increase awareness of cancer, to foster its prevention, early detection and treatment. This year marks the launch of the “I am and I will” campaign.
Standing together in solidarity with our cancer arm, We Are HCA Healthcare, We Are Sarah Cannon and We Will fight cancer together to make a positive impact on patients and communities everywhere.
Take a look at some of the ways we have committed to this cause, not just today, but every day for more than 25 years:
- Sarah Cannon has been a key clinical trial leader in the majority of approved cancer therapies over the last decade.
- With a network that spans the United States and United Kingdom, Sarah Cannon has hundreds of physicians who engage in research across its strategic sites, demonstrating its scale in being able to bring cutting-edge therapies closer to home for thousands of patients.
- Sarah Cannon offers a large menu of clinical trial options today, studying more than 200 unique agents in trial each year.
- Sarah Cannon enrolls more than 3,000 patients per year on clinical trials across its network. Sarah Cannon continues to be the leader for the industry with delivering novel therapies, and participating in breakthroughs in research, such as the first personalized cancer vaccine developed through molecularly sequencing the patient’s tumor. Sarah Cannon plays a similar leadership role with the anti-body drug conjugates, cellular therapies, and targeted small molecules.
AND IN CARE…
- Sarah Cannon performs close to 1,200 hematopoietic stem cell transplants (blood and marrow transplants) per year – one of the leading providers in the world.
- Sarah Cannon is one of the largest providers of radiation oncology services in the U.S.
- Sarah Cannon has more than 200 oncology-trained nurse navigators helping patients though every aspect of the cancer journey.
- Together, we serve more than 120,000 newly diagnosed patients annually.