Last weekend, runners from across the U.S. came to Nashville (our hometown) to participate in the Country Music Marathon. At HCA, 452 of our employees and their family members laced up their shoes and ran or walked the full or half marathon. They were part of what we call Team HCA.
This was Team HCA’s fourth year and we use this event not only as a way to connect employees, but also raise money for the HCAHopeFund. The Hope Fund was created by employees for employees and exists to help any employee affected by financial hardship due to natural disaster, extended illness/injury, domestic violence, death of a loved one, and other special situations. Over the years, the donations from our employees have helped so many.
Well, the Team HCA numbers are in for 2012 and we wanted to share them with you.
- More than $96,000 was raised by Team HCA this year. The total for all four years is more than $413,000
- Employees came from 19 states and 93 HCA facilities to participate in the race
- 452 employees and family members ran or walked in the race
- 20 team members who couldn’t make it to Nashville, hosted a mini marathon in Las Vegas. This Virtual Team raised more than $6,900
- 140 employees served as volunteers
I’m always impressed but never surprised by the generosity of my colleagues. It’s one of the many reasons why I love being a part of HCA.
You might also enjoy these posts: